Flywire is a popular international payment platform - https://www.flywire.com
It is possible to integration your OpenApply and Flywire accounts, so that parents can make OpenApply payments via Flywire.
This tutorial is divided into two parts to explain how to integrate and use Flywire with OpenApply
- How does the school integrate Flywire with OpenApply
- How does parent complete payment through Flywire
From the school side, it is very simple to integrate OpenApply and Flywire. Just enter the 3 letter code obtained from Flywire into your OpenApply payment settings, to complete it.
1. In your Flywire account, the 3 letter code can be found in your Flywire dashboard (in this example it is OAD)
2. In OpenApply, navigate to Settings > Payments, then enable the Flywire payment method and enter the 3 letter code into your OpenApply payment settings
If you have not already configured payments in your OpenApply account, you will first need to set-up your basic payment settings, as explained here
3. After completing the integration, you will see the Flywire summary in the left panel of your main OpenApply dashboard, below the Payments dashboard, and any future transactions will be recorded here. You can also view more detailed transaction information directly within the dashboard of your Flywire account
On the parent side, after selecting Flywire as the payment method, parents can follow this process to complete the payment.
1. Once the parent reaches the end of the form that has payment enabled, according to the payment methods enabled by your school in the payment settings, the parents can directly choose their preferred payment method to complete the payment here.
In this example, Flywire is the only payment method enabled:
2. Flywire provides users with two different payment methods. Schools can choose to accept payments via credit cards and/or bank transfer when they use Flywire.
In this example, both credit cards and bank transfer are enabled as payment methods in Flywire: