For each user in OpenApply, a number of different permissions can be selected, to determine which applicants the user can view, what actions the user can take relating to those applicants, and which account settings the user can edit.
User permissions can be edited via Settings > Staff Directory, and then click on the name of the user to edit the access rights for that user.
The default permissions for the user are determined by the department the user is assigned to. By default, the Admissions department has full access to the system, and the full range of permissions are shown below. Click here for further advice on creating and managing users and departments.
These user permissions provide access for the users to do the following:
1. Rosters - determines which rosters, and therefore which statuses of applicant, the user can view:
- The Enquiries roster shows the Pending status.
- The Applicants roster shows Applied, Admitted, Waitlisted and Declined.
- The Students roster shows the Enrolled status.
- The Alumni roster shows Graduated and Withdrawn.
- The Families roster lists all families (parents and children) in the system, so access to the Families roster provides access to all statuses.
2. Campuses - determines which campuses the user can view applicants for
3. Programmes / Grades - determines which programmes / grades / year groups the user can view applicants for
4. Dashboards - determines whether the user can view the re-enrolment, payments and analytics pages
5. Profile Permissions - determines which actions the user can take relating to applicants:
- Bulk Messages - the user can send messages in bulk via the roster
- Access applicant profiles - the user can view individual applicant profiles
- Create, Edit and Delete applicant profiles - the user can create, edit and delete applicants
- Profile Actions - the user can do all of the following:
1. Add notes, files and checklist items
2. Schedule events and interviews
3. Assign tasks to users
4. Create indicator logs
- Payment & Invoices - the user can view, reconcile and edit payments on the applicant profile
- Access agent profiles - the user can view agents
- Create, Edit and Delete agent profiles - the user can create, edit and delete agents
6. Data Categories - determines whether the user can access forms, files and checklist items in the following data categories:
- Learning Support
It is possible to assign Data Categories for forms, file upload fields and checklist items via those settings.
7. General & Account Settings - determines which system settings the user can view and edit:
- School Settings
- Staff Directory
- CRM Preferences
- Audit Log
- Email Error Log
- Import & Export - All Data
8. Admissions Settings - determines which system settings the user can view and edit, within the Admissions settings of OpenApply:
- Status & Notification
- Task Types
- Review Mode