Navigate to Settings > Forms and click on the desired form. On the left side, click the green + Add Field button to add a general Applicant field. If you would like to add a Parent field or a field in another group, be sure to click on the group name first, and then click + Add Field.
Enter the following information to create your field. Red asterisks mean the information is required. Once you are done, click Save Changes.
1. Field Type - Single-line Text, Dropdown Menu, etc.
2. Short Name - The name of the field in the backend database. This must be unique.
3. Field Label - The name of the field as it appears on the form.
4. Field Label Translation - A translation that will appear under the field label. If you are using the Chinese interface, the translation will appear as the Field Label when Chinese language has been selected.
5. Instructions - Add instructions to make clear to parents what information is required.
6. Required - Selecting 'Yes' means that parents must complete this field in order to submit the form. 'No' means parents will be able to skip the field when completing the form.
7. Office Use - Tick this box to make the field internal only. Parents cannot see Office Use fields.
8. Default Value - If you believe the majority of parents will have the same answer, you can set the field to default to that answer. For date fields, it is possible to set which month and year the date picker defaults to.
9. Conditional Fields - Make this field dependent on the answer to another field by clicking Add Rule. For more information, see the tutorial on conditional fields.
Now that your new field is saved, you can drag it from the field list on the left and drop it on your form in the desired place. Note that grouped fields, such as Parent fields, must always be together on the form.